Every Spanish without a doubt remembers when in the cold of the winter her or his nan made this comfort garlic soup… that warms up not only the body, also your heart and soul and you feel cozy at home.
It’s easy and you can use the bread leftovers
Time: 40 min Portions: 4
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 eggs (depending on how much every person wants)
- 8 slices of stale Bread
- 100g ham
- 1.5l or 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Spanish sweet paprika
- salt & pepper and Olive oil
- Slice the garlic and cut into dices the ham.
- Heat the pan with oil and add the garlic, be careful it doesn’t burn or i’ll taste bitter and horrible.
- Add the ham.
- Add half of the bread slices.
- Set the pan aside and add the sweet paprika, don’t do it when it’s in the heat or it will burn in your throat when you eat it.
- Now put again to the heat and add the broth, cook for 20 min, the trick is that it never boils.
- Add the rest of the bread, already toast, and let it soak.
- Add salt and pepper
- Finally add the eggs, you can do it two ways. The easier one the whole egg, the second one is to separate the white from the yolk. Add the white and cook it and then in each plate put the yolk and it will cook with the heat at perfect point of runny yolk.
- Enjoy it.