San Jacobo is an easy meal, that you can do any time and if you’ve kids it will save you from more than one hurry… Also grown-ups will love it, so it’s prefect.
Depending on the person you ask, they’ll tell they put these or that, don’t worry i’ll tell you the difference between other plates that really similar. All of them have in common, they’re coat in batter and deep-fry, but as always what really matters is the inside 😜😋
San Jacobo: ham & cheese
Cordon Bleu: pork & ham & cheese
Villaroy: chicken & bechamel
Time: 30 min Portions: 6 San Jacobos
- 12 slices of ham or turkey
- 12 slices of cheese ( choose one that will melt, eg. Havarti)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (I usually buy one that it’s spiced up with garlic and parsley)
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Preheat the oil. Tip: if you do lots of them, maybe you have to change the oil, when you’ve fried some, because the crumbs tend to gather in the pan, ad the oil will seem dirty.
- Put one slice of ham and then the two of cheese and finish like a sandwich with another of ham, now coat in batter. It seems difficult at first, you can tack together with a toothpick, but it only requires some practice.
- Now deep-fry them, you’ve to be careful the cheese doesn’t melt entirely and goes to pan.
- Enjoy it with any sauce you’ve in the fridge and some chips and salad 🙂