This is a delicious recipe, from the Basque Country in Spain, it’s usually accompany with fry sliced potatoes and a stunning white wine from the North. I didn’t have time for the potatoes, so I just share with you the essential of the recipe the Cod.
Time: 30-45 min Portions: 5
- 5 portions of fresh Cod.
- 1 medium red pepper.
- 1 medium green pepper.
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 150 ml – 1/2 cup white wine
- olive oil
- handmade or organic tomato sauce .
- 4 potatoes
- Preheat the pan.
- Chopped the veggies into dices.
- Stir-fry them and set aside.
- Optional: you can coat the cod in batter. Personally I prefer not do it, specially if it’s fresh cod
- Mark the cod (don’t salt it) in that pan and set aside.
- Heat the tomato sauce and the veggies.
- Add the wine and the cod and let it cook.
- While the cod it’s cooking you can peel and slice 4 potatoes.
- Salt and fry them.
- Serve and be careful with the bones.
- Enjoy this subtle and elegant meal 🙂