Hope you enjoy your holidays, as much as I do, i’ ve been without internet so I couldn’t publish, but in compensation I brought you today an absolutely yummy recipe. I love Easter, the chocolate eggs every where and all the delicious desserts 😋 and absolutely star are TORRIJAS 🎇🎉
Time: 120 min Portions: 12 torrijas
- 1 loaf of special bread for torrijas (if you can’t find it, use a very soft bread)
- 1 l – 4 cups milk (you can change 1 cup of milk for 1 cup of heavy cream, depends how heavy you like it 😉 )
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- peel of 1 lemon
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar and powder cinnamon or honey
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the milk (and the cream, if you like it) with the sticks cinnamon and lemon peel, don’t let it boil!
- Cut the bread into slices, if you’ve bought the special bread it has a pattern for cutting. If not, cut it, two fingers thick.
- In a large serving plate, put the bread in. Pour the milk gently in. Let the bread soak the milk in for 1h (turn sides, so it absorbs evenly).
- Preheat the oil and beat an egg.
- Cover the bread in egg and deep fry them.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or honey
- Enjoy it XD