When i went to Sweden i felt in love with that breathtaking natural landscapes and I was amused about their delicious gastronomy. I’m sure you’ve been shopping in Ikea and finished delighting yourself with that scrumptious plates of meatballs.
Sometimes I buy them and sometimes I cook them, so here I share with you these two recipes, which you can compare with Ikea meals and tell me which one you prefer 😉
Time: 60 – 90 minutes Portions: 4-5
For the meatballs:
- 500 gr minced meat ( 400 🐮 + 100 🐷 )
- Salt & pepper, garlic, dill ( fresh if you can) , cumin and 4 drops of sesame oil.
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp berry jam
- For the sauce: meat sauce + 200 ml – 1 cup cream
For the broccoli loaf:
- 1 small broccoli
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 150 gr – 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Water, salt and pepper
- Optional: melting cheese on top
- Spice the meat up and set aside.
- Heat the water (for boiling the veggies)
- Cut the broccoli and the potatoes into chunks and pour the in the water cook them for 15-20 min.
- While they are cooking you can finely chopped the onion, also preheat the oven to 180 C (356 F) and heat the pan.
- Drain the water and mash the broccoli and the potatoes in a mold and mix it with the onion and parmesan. You can put on top any cheese you like. Cook it for 20-25 min, or until it’s brown and crispy.
- Now that it’s in the oven, you can begin cooking the meatballs. With yours hands wet it’ll be easier to make the perfect round ball.
- The last minutes add the jam so they finish with that stunning crispy caramelize.
- For the sauce, if you don’t have meat sauce, like me, this time. I have an ace in the hole, you can add to the cream the sauce result as frying the meatballs even a meatball and blend it.
- Serve it and Smaklig måltid