I’ ve studied at “Las Irlandesas” an Irish school, so St Patrick’s Day was kind of important, hahaha… So i remembered all the green thematic desserts and i thought to try a new one. Since i’m a passionate about tea, i’m drinking it all day, i thought that matcha will be a good shot for a green dessert and i came with the idea of panna cotta, because it’s easy, delicious and it’s beautiful layered when you add the green powder tea.
Time: 15 min ( 3 hours settling down in the fridge) Portions: 4
- 7 gr – 2 tsp gelatine powder
- 40 ml – 1/4 cup water
- 12,5 gr – 2½ tsp matcha, you’ll need a good one or you won’t have that beautiful layered, mine it’s from @iLoveTeaCompany
- 250 ml – 1 cup milk
- 250 ml – 1 cup whipping cream
- 60 gr – 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the gelatine powder with water. Set aside until it’s dissolve.
- Take 80 ml – 1/3 cup of milk from the recipe to mix with matcha powder for later use.
- Place the remaining milk, whipping cream and sugar into a sauce pane. Heat over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the softened gelatine powder. Stir occasionally and make sure it’s completely dissolved. Stir in the matcha powder mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Drain through a fine sieve. Use a spoon to press the residing particles through the sieve if any. Mix well. Pour into the moulds.
- Let them sit for 30 minutes. Chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Dip the mould into hot water for about 2 seconds. Turn it upside down and remove it onto a plate. Serve it with a raspberry coulis or whatever you prefer to decorate with.
- Enjoy it 😉