I know, that you’re thinking, I’d rather prefer to learn how to do paella. But this is easier and it’s also a popular Spanish dish, of “La Mancha”. I bet you’ve read “Don Quixote”, so this is a typical meal from where he was supposed to live… Maybe i should named the post “Don Quixote’s rice” :p hahahaha
Joking aside, my father’s family is from Cuenca, a Spanish region, so in my cuisine prevails that rustic flavors. The Manchegan gastronomy is humble, natural, delicious, comfy and for me with every taste you feel at home, that’s the awesomeness part 😍❤
Time: 60 – 80 minutes Portions: 6
- 1 chicken cut into pieces. Cheating video (without the breast)🐔
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- A very ripe tomato
- 250 gr – 1 cup short rice 🍚
- Spices: Spanish sweet paprika, powder garlic, rosemary, saffron, salt & pepper.
- Vegetable oil (for frying the chicken)
- 1,5 L – 6 cups water 💦
- Preheat in a large pan the vegetable oil.
- Spice the chicken up with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and rosemary.
- Deep fry it, for a few minutes until it’s crispy brown outside, in the inside it will be raw, but it will finish cooking in the pressure cooker.
- While you are frying it, you can cut into strips the peppers.
- When you finish, put in the pressure cooker the water, the peppers, the garlic, the chicken (add the carcass) and 3 tsp of salt (i always adjust later).
- Cook it for 10 minutes. Now you can chopped the onion and poached in the pan you are going to do the rice, when it’s translucent add the tomato, peeled and smashed.
- Be careful! Opening the pressure cooker, and separate in a bowl the soup.So it will be comfortable, for cooking the rice.
- Add to the pan, the rice and give it a beautiful toast. Just a few minutes, at very low heat. Don’t burn it! It will taste awful and won’t absorb the soup.
- Add by cups the soup, and add the saffron. Don’t forget to taste it, and readjust the salt. Here are my tricks for the rice.
- It will take you like 20 minutes to cook it.
- The last minutes add the chicken and peppers on the top, and if you can a branch of rosemary so it will give that nice aroma. But don’t forget to take it, before you serve.
- Let it rest for some minutes.
- Enjoy it! I promise you will love it ❤ Don’t forget a good wine to accompany XD