I’ve made for my sister’s birthday a carrot cake, but with a particular twist. I always make the traditional carrot cake with cheese frosting, and it’s delicious 😋. But i want to change and try something new. While i was doing the shopping at the supermarket i saw a yogurt cream for confectionery, and it occur to me that it will be a yummy idea for the cake.
For decorating i want something to pair with the flavors, and something natural, not a fondant figure. So i came up with the idea of hazelnuts, because i love them, more than any other type of nuts.
The result, let me tell you, was amazing! 🎆🙈 So i am sharing it with you 😉
Time: 80 minutes Portions: 12
- 400 gr – 2 cups sugar
- 350 ml – 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 450 gr – 6 shredded carrots (you don’t need to cook them previously)
- 240 gr – 2 cups plain flour
- 10 gr – 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 10 gr – 2 tsp Sodium Powder
- 15 gr – 1tbsp Cinnamon
- 5 gr – 1 tsp salt.
For the frosting:
- I bought the powder yogurt frosting at aldi
- 1l – 4cups water
- 100 gr – 1 cup crushed hazelnuts.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (356 F)
- Mix the dry ingredients (except sugar).
- Shred the carrots.
- In another bowl mix the sugar and the oil, and then add the eggs already beaten.
- Pour the second one into the first one. Now add the carrots and mix gently until it’s even.
- Bake it for an hour (trick)
- Do the frosting and let it rest in the fridge.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Cover with the frosting and decorate with the hazelnuts.
- Enjoy it 😉