Now that Easter is coming, i was daydreaming about Spanish typical at this time of the year, Torrijas! Mouthwatering 😋… I guess i have to wait a bit more 😦 But i keep an ace up in my sleeve : FRENCH CROISSANTS 🎉 they are halfway between French toasts and torrijas. I love it, and it’s simple than Spanish dessert, but don’t worry i will made them for Easter 😉
Time: 45 min Portions: 2
- 2 Croissants, i usually buy them in a patisserie, but when i went to buy them, they’ve sold out, so i bought this little one sin the supermarket.
- 1 🍌 in slices.
- 4 🍓 in slices.
- 250 ml – 1 cup milk (you can also use cream depending on how heavy you want)
- The zest of 1 lemon.
- 1 stick of cinnamon.
- 3 tbsp of powder cinnamon.
- 55 gr – 1/4 cup brown sugar, i crush it in a mortar, so it’s finest.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tbsp butter.
- Heat the milk with cinnamon and the peel of a lemon. Don’t boil it! Just let the milk take those beautiful aromas.
- Open with a knife the croissants (be careful).
- In a plate, cover them with the milk and let them absorb it for 10min at least.
- While, you can slice the fruits; crush the sugar and mix it with cinnamon.
- Take them from the milk and cover them in egg.
- In a hot pan melt the butter and toast the croissants.
- Sparkle the mix of cinnamon & sugar and decorate it with the fruits
- Optional: caramel, whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
- Hope you enjoy it 🙂
And last but not least some foodie humor ;p