You will always success with this purée 100% Guaranteed (also #ProvedKids :P). It’s easy, delicious, slightly sweet and with the topping crouttons, just irresistible.
Time: 20 min Portions: 5
- 500gr peeled and seedless butternut squash (you can use any type of squash). I usually buy prepared, to save time. But don’t worry, here it’s a cheating video 😉 How to prepare a butternut squash
- 80 ml – 1/3 cup water.
- 125 ml – 1/2 light cream.
- 50 gr – 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1 cup bread dices.
- Oil, for poaching the onion and deep-frying the bread.
- Salt, pepper and sugar.
- Optional: parsley or balsamic vinegar for decorating.
- Prepare and cut into big dices your squash.
- Put it into the pressure cooker, with the water, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, chopped the onion, poached and caramelized it.
- Cool down the pressure cooker and open it (always be careful). Add the onion and the cream.
- Purée it and taste it. Correct if it’s necessary with salt and/or sugar.
- Cut the bread into dice and deep-fry them until they’re brown.
- Plate it up and decorate as you wish.
- Prepare to triumph 😉