We all have social events, where we have to bring a meal and you are always thinking what to do. Well you’d probably tell me: Sandwiches? It’s easy… But come on?!, that’s not really cooking and there always someone that brings them. My bet is leek quiche, it’s easy, quick, yummy and everybody loves it (even kids), believe me all will want to know your recipe.
Time: 35 minutes Portions: 5-6
- 1-2 leeks (depending how big they are)
- 1 bag (125 gr – 2/3 cups) of mozzarella, you can put another mix of cheeses, depends on your taste.
- 150 gr – 3/4 cups of york ham 🐷 or turkey in dices.
- 125 ml cream or milk – 1 cup (depends on how light you want it)
- 1 egg (if you put cream) 2 eggs (if you put milk)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C (356 F).
- While it’s preheating peel and chop the leeks.
- Extend the pastry in the mold and poke it, so it doesn’t rise. Bake it for 10 minutes. Here is my trick so it won’t be soggy at the end.
- During this ten minutes, poach the leek.
- Take out the pastry and fill it with the leek, then the york ham or turkey and the mozzarella or the cheese you choose.
- Beat the egg (s) and mix it with the cream or milk.
- Pour the mix in.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (depends on your oven).
- Enjoy it and prepare to share your recipe. 😉